I have this problem: On a ISS web server, windows 7 x64 professional, zend server installed. Running this command under php:
$output is empty, $err=1. So exec is not returing the output, it seems has some errors.
disable_functions is empty, php is not on safe mode, is standard, I check all option.
It seems to be a general errors, even search on google do not give results.
Please write every one his experince and eventual solutions or workarounds.
There are a few posts to the relevant sections of the PHP Manual such as this one:
I was having trouble using the PHP exec command to execute any batch file. Executing other commands (i.e., "dir") works fine). But if I executed a batch file, I receieved no output from the exec command.
The server setup I have consists of Windows Server 2003 server running IIS6 and PHP 5.2.3. On this server, I have:
- Granted execute permissions to the Internet User on c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.
- Granted Everyone->Full Control to the directory in which the batch file is written.
- Granted Everyone->Full Control on the entire c:\cygwin\bin directory and its contents.
- Granted the Internet User "log on as batch" permissions.
- Specified the full path to each file being executed.
- Tested these scripts running from the command line on the server and they work just fine.
- Ensured that %systemroot%\system32 is in the system path.
It turns out that even with all of the above in place on the server, I had to specify the full path to cmd.exe in the exec call.
When I used the call:
$output = exec("c:\\windows\\system32\\cmd.exe
then everything worked fine. In my situation,
$batchFileToRunwas the actual system path to the batch file (i.e., the result of a call to realpath()).