Hi i know there are similar questions. But maybe thare are any updates or new libraries in this area. What I'm looking for:
- Best practices of writing android appplication in Haskell. I know in c#(monodroid)/java there are millions of samples.
- Do you know bloggers, articles which write about android+Haskell
I saw these useful links:
- Haskell interpreter on Android?
- Running a Haskell program on the Android OS
And I understand that I could use
- GHC targeting ndk gcc
- What about converting Haskell to C and using NativeActivity? http://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/NativeActivity.html
- If you want to do android UI code in Haskell somebody will have to write Haskell bindings to Java through JNI/C
Are there any Haskell, Android experts?
It really depends what you want from your Haskell on Android.
If you want to write Haskell98 code on Android, you can use JHC and create NDK bindings yourself. I
GHC is available on ARM. This should enable using most Hackage packages available in an ARM environment. I've haven't heard much in terms of experience reports working with GHC ARM Builds.
It seems like the inevitable conclusion of functional programmers on Android is to invest your time in Clojure and Scala.